Thursday, February 26, 2009

I Guess You Had to Be There

I'm pretty sure this is a "I guess you had to be there" type story, but I'll write it anyways for memories sake.

Last night after Oasis a few of the students and myself and another leader were hanging out and talking about life when one of the students asked a question regarding how to answer a question that you don't want to answer without resorting to lying. i.e. "Do you have a crush on so-and-so?"

The other leader explained, as part of his response, how that situation can be related to the idea of situational ethics. He mentioned the extreme example of people bravely hiding Jews during the Holocaust and how they might have responded when confronted by the Nazis and asked, "Are you hiding any Jews in your house?"

Evidently, this sparked a thought process in one of the students minds because she said, "Let me think how this relates to the fruit of the Spirit..." which was a fine thought being that we have discussed the fruit of the Spirit at different times during my internship. She went on to list the fruit of the Spirit, "...Love, joy, peace, hiding the Jews" and then she just burst out laughing and then the rest of us just looked at each other and then did the whole laughter that starts slowly and then builds to a disproportionate level in regards to the funniness of what was said simply because everyone else was laughing. Perhaps this Laugh Graph will illustrate my point more poignantly.

The End.

P.S. I wish you all a wonderful weekend. Tomorrow I am going to a City of Roseville Clergy Luncheon (please withhold all "Kevin isn't technically clergy" remarks) and then tomorrow night is the Middle School Gym night. On Saturday, Devin and I will be making the rounds going to Teddy's basketball game and then a couple soccer games at night.

Cheers ya'll.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the best graph that I have ever seen in my life. I rate it on the line of funny to laughter as a 10,10

Anonymous said...

ha ha HA HA HAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHH!
that is great! and very well explained.
hm...love, peace, patience, hide the jews?
goodstuffffffff right thurrrrr