Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fitness Update 2009


I watched part of "The Biggest Loser" last night on the tv and became actually interested in the show. When snagging the picture for my post, I read the following claim on the show's website:

"Most popular reality television show for weight loss."

I can't imagine there being too much competition so I was forced to chuckle.

In related news, it's been about a month and a half since I started working out at the gym. I have yet to miss a day due to laziness, but I have been forced to miss a few days here and there because of church weekend activities. I joined the gym because I felt like a lazy bum and was 25 lbs. heavier than I was after my freshman year of college and because my pants barely fit me anymore.

Today, on the 11th of February 2009, after many days of waking up at 5:45 a.m., after avoiding all pop/soda, after resisting most deserts, I report that I have officially gained 1.6 lbs. However, because muscle weighs more than fat, I have slimmed down quite considerably as can be seen in this photograph I took of myself this morning:


In all fairness, I usually look my best immediately following my trip to the gym so this picture might be a bit deceiving as to my typical appearance.

Regardless of my lack of weight loss, I have had a lot more energy during the day, am much more motivated to go to bed early, and I don't have to take a big breath before buttoning my pants. Therefore, my spirits are high and my smile is wide and I will continue pressing on to be a big loser, but in a good way.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you look like a little kid.

Anonymous said...

You make me smile. And feel better about my current healthy trends... hugs

Anonymous said...

Okay, just don't mention sausage, egg and cheese burrito in the same sentence as the phrase Biggest Loser. You won't get away with it!!! hahaha