Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend with the Parents (plus a surprise)!!!one



So time to catch the world up on what's been happening here in Michigan. First, both of its football teams got crushed on Saturday. Second, Iowa crushed Wisconsin on Saturday. Third, I can't say any more than that because Wisconsin is losing to everybody, and Iowa lost to Michigan St. a couple weeks ago.
Actually, I do have big exciting news. My parents came and visited me over the weekend and brought a surprise with them. Gerty! The four of us had a great time checking out the sites including the Detroit Riverwalk, Windsor, Canada, the Original Pancake House, and assorted other local joints. 
We also traveled up to Mt. Pleasant on Friday night in order to watch my friend Mike Morter do a concert at a church. My parents and Gerty were able to stay from Thursday evening until after church on Sunday morning before having to head home for school and work on Monday. 
Last night was a middle school SNAC (Sunday Night After Church) at the Luzods, and with the exception of one guy getting a pair of front teeth drilled into the back of his head during some backyard football, the night went well. After the SNAC, which got over at 8:30, I drove out the to Hutech's for the Sunday night college age/young adult Bible study. 
I arrived too late to participate in the Bible study but in time to eat food and hang out with people my own age. Some of us stayed late enough to watch the Devil Ray's beat the Red Sox in game 7. Did I mention I've always been a huge Devil Ray's fan? If I did, I was lying. I'm not. I'm a Cubs fan. The Cubs always find a way to lose. They always be breakin' my heart, dawg. Shoot. 
So today was a ministry staff meeting that consumed much of the day. My assignment from the meeting for the next week is to write a brief review of the Christian fiction book, The Shack. I just finished reading it so I will post my review on here in the next couple of days. Cheers!

5 comments:

greglong said...

Hey, I know those people!

Al, Joy, Krisanna, you've officially made it out there on that great big thing they call the Internet (aka the World Wide Web).

Rachel L. Moen said...

Soo...I see a picture of Krisanna (who I already believe is pretty awesome) and you with what do you know, food in front of you. Annd...you claim you ate at bible study. Don't lie to the public about eating, come out of the closet and tell them the truth. Ive only known you for two months and Ive put it together. ; )

November 1st? Hows it look for you?

Unknown said...

That guitar player is cute

kevin said...

and arrogant. :)

Ryan said...

you look like Dave Bazan.