Sunday, October 12, 2008

Gangstas in da House, or I saw John MacArthur (whichever seems more interesting)


So this picture has been affectionately titled, "Amish Gangstas." Basically Sammy and Sarah and a girl "TBNLWIFOHN"* were running around in capes and bonnets one Wednesday night complete with Nelly-tribute/ "I wanna be a quarterback" electical tape on their faces. Events like these naturally demand a photoshoot in the office. I also recruited the notorious J.O.E.L. (the squatting guy in the middle wearing the UPS delivery man uniform colored hoodie) to be in the photo because he happened to be sitting in one of those purple chairs right outside my office.
*To Be Named Later When I Find Out Her Name
So the Bug Man interview has gone on record as the post receiving the most comments ever for my blog -- 5! I feel like a JV benchwarmer who just got to play garbage minutes on Varsity. Everyone's gotta start somewhere.
Tuesday of this last week I went to Devin's 7th grade football game, and then went over to his house for pizza and video games. He beat me at the video games, but I ate more pizza than him, so I suppose the night was a tie. Even though the pizza thing wasn't a contest. Wednesday I basically sat in my office counting down the hours until the much anticipated Bug Man interview.
Thursday I got to attend a "pastors only" luncheon with some of the pastoral staff from the church and hear John MacArthur speak. I had never heard a member of the John trinity (the other 2 members being Edwards and Piper) speak in person so the event was a memorable experience. To make the day even better, MacArthur was also speaking at a local church that evening so I got to go here him speak again.
Friday morning I spoke in a local school's chapels for K-6 and 7-12 and went to their Jr. High soccer game that afternoon. Yesterday I went to Sarah's soccer game (Like I predicted, her sister read the blog and then told me when the next game would be.) and then chilled around the house and finished laundry and caught up with some friends via the cellular phone. And I was just about to comment on how the Lions might miraculously win a game today, but I just checked ESPN before writing the sentence and saw that they lost. Wow, they are terrible. Go Packers.

3 comments:

Rachel L. Moen said...

Once again, Sarah's sister doesnt have a name yet! Maybe in combination with hanging out so much and you writing about hanging with us without saying out names, I may get in here somewhere other then Sarah's sister. It does make me sad you value us so little that you havent mentioned how you join us every Wendesday night. Maybe the night you actually eat something, we'll get some recongnition...but I dont think it will happen. : ) ; )

psst...her name is Leslie

Josh said...

Man, Rach, you sound bitter!

Anonymous said...

the girl with sarah and sammy is leslie jimison, she is a sophmore like me, i thought that you should know. :)