Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hip Hop, Pranks, and Pictures

So basically I just have a few pics for you all today. After the news on Sunday, the week has been uneventful. I'm leaving tomorrow morning with a group of friends from Woodside Bible Church in Troy to go to Janet's funeral in Pennsylvania. We're going to drive through the night on Saturday in order to get back early Sunday morning in time for people to go to church. Basically that means I will be drinking coffee Sunday morning. A lot of coffee. The funeral will be a mix of emotions. I'm going to be able to see some friends I haven't seen in a long time, but it's not exactly the ideal reunion circumstances.

In other news, if any of you are interested in listening to Theologically solid hip-hop, check out this guy Lecrae. He reads John Piper, John MacArthur, Francis Shaeffer, and the Bible and puts together some pretty good tunes.*

Ok, now for the pictures.

The first picture is of a middle school guy named Matt. Matt just plain looked good Sunday morning in his fancy suit so I told him I'd post his picture on here.






Next is a picture of Brooke's thumbnails. Brooke helps lead the singing Sunday mornings. She wanted to paint her basketball number "21" on her thumbnails but accidently wrote the numbers different directions. Nice job Brooke.


Then there is a picture of many post-it notes. I came into my office last night only to find almost 20 post-it notes stuck all over my office. They were on my calender, on the lightswitch, on my cardigans, on my trophies that aren't really mine but are in my office, and everywhere in between. I compiled most of them into a nice little picture this morning. I am formally calling the event an "encouragement prank."


* I am not an experienced judge of hip-hop but I have heard some pretty awful noise called "music" in my day but I think this guy does a pretty good job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe you once mocked me for listening to Lecrae. Like in 2006. Thanks alot.

Other similar hip-hop artists with 'mad lyrical depth' - Flame and daTRUTH.

Welcome to music that teaches real theology! I miss you rooty.

Anonymous said...

I figured I'd post since I haven't read your blog in like...forever. I read the last three blogs and I do say, your friends are some pretty sweet musicians :D (Jordan and Jesse) Also, Sunday morning, church service, nice dance moves. You are Paul and Me's hero.

~Kathryn ♥