Wednesday, July 29, 2009

VBX Pictures and the Farewell Party

Here are some VBX pictures:

[Nothing beats jumping in puddles on a rainy day.]

[O.G. -- Outback Gangstas
Matt, Rachel, Me, Kathryn]

[This won mega points for the blue team on Friday.]

[One last group shot.]

--

Saturday night the middle schoolers threw a farewell party for me at the Wasil's house. We ate good food, played volleyball, tetherball, and "cowboy, chicken, conquer," the some of the students and leaders gave me some wonderful cards and gifts. It was a fun night for all of us, and I am really going to miss all the students and leaders and Cornerstone friends.

[One girl got me a duck hat as a farewell gift. When you pull the chin strap the wings flap up and down. I will refrain from the using the term "cute" to describe the hat, even though that that would be the best word for it. (Back row: Ashley, Hannah, Kayla. Front Row: Haley, me, and Olivia)]

[For dessert we had a cake comprised of a bunch of cupcakes. With a lot of frosting. Amen]

[The students all signed a big yellow duck baby bath and gave it to me. It's totally unique and much appreciated. I will find some way to hang it from the ceiling in my bedroom in Colorado.]

[Patrick, Parker, and I]

As I said in my last post, I'm spending this week at Baptist Bible College for TLC. I'll have another post coming soon with some pics.

No comments: