Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Alas, I'm Back at Home

Currently Listening to: Derek Webb "Stockholm Syndrome"

A quick updates for ya'll.

Sunday's preaching went well. I received a lot of encouraging feedback from both friends and people I didn't know well. Some of the college students led the music and did an incredible job. After church I ran (drove) home for lunch and then went and played some street hockey for a couple hours before going to Eric Fatfield's house for swimming, pizza, and a movie.

Monday I was in the office for the first time in 3 weeks before attending Maclane's baseball game with Parker that evening. Afterward, the three of us went back to Maclane's house and went for a late night swim. **Warning: Never trust those guys to give an accurate description of the water temperature in the pool. Unrelenting goosebumps and shivers is a tell-tale sign of chilly waters. I guess I'm too trusting.**

Tuesday I was in the office in the morning catching up on random stuff before heading out to another of Maclane's baseball games. In his first inning of relief pitching he picked off 2 runners trying to steal third. He's got a killer pick off move. Oh ya, and the game went 3 hours! Wow, long game. Too bad this didn't happen at his game:



Today is Wednesday. I hit up some Cracker Barrel for lunch with Ruth and Val. We had a fun time and I beat them at the triangle peg game. I had to mention that because we* were talking serious trash about who would win.


* I don't recall if "we" were talking trash of if just "me" was talking trash. "Pride cometh before great victory" is what I always say.

Tonight is Oasis and then a bonfire at the Wasils.
Tomorrow night is Volleyball at the Mahloy's.
Friday night is Devin's birthday party.
Saturday is activities TBD.

Be sure to check out the CBC mission trip blogs from Jamaica and Manitoulin Island.

1 comment:

---------- said...

OH YEAH! WE were talking trash... I still think I could've whipped your tush with just ONE more try... I guess the world will never know.