Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Maybe I Shouldn't Wait so Long to Update

Nothing big or highly unusual this past week, except that last Wednesday I forgot to mention that the clock hit its once a century mark of 12:34:56 7/8/9.

[Wednesday night a crew went over to the Wasil's to play
some volleyball and sit around a fire. We successfully
accomplished both. We also got eaten alive by mosquitos.]

On Thursday I joined a crew of people at the Mahloy's for more volleyball. I didn't take any pics however. Some of us did stick around to watch the space station travel overhead. This will never happen again in my lifetime (the being able to see it pass overhead) because the space station will probably be going out of operation soon. R.I.P. Space Station.

[Friday was Devin's birthday. I took my shirt off in the pool and, as you can see, left it off during the taking of this picture. One can never quite appreciate how pale they are until they are exposed by the flash of a camera. I rank somewhere between an albino polar bear and cup of half-and-half.]

[Tangentially, I did hold my own at pool basketball.]

Friday night and Saturday I "dog sat" for the McGoldricks. Saturday afternoon I had coffee with Ross Stevens and Saturday night I went with Maclane to Starbucks to shoot the breeze and catch bugs. Upon further reflection, it would have been more impressive had we been able to catch the breeze and shoot bugs.

Sunday I taught on Jonah during the morning, took my annual nap during the afternoon, attended a VBS meeting in the evening, and then played volleyball and freeze tag at Mo-Mo's house at night. In order to unleash my tremendous foot speed during freeze tag, I cast off my sandals and ran barefoot. Now I have a cut on the bottom of my right food. **Please do not send meals or get well cards.**

Yesterday I was in the office and then went with Paker to Devin's house to go swimming and hang out. I learned two things while there: 1) A 19-8 lead (playing to 21) at Corn Hole is not a big enough lead to guarantee victory and 2) I am not as good at Guitar Hero as I once thought.

Today I drove a couple minutes down the road to check out the Obama frenzy at a local community college where he is speaking today. Needless to say, in a city with the highest unemployment in the country, he didn't have a lot of supporters holding up signs.

[This was the "Obama is ruining the economy" fan section.]

[I missed a chance to get pictures of the larger Pro-Life signs
further down the street, but I did manage to get a picture of these signs.]

No comments: