Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quick Update

[Ignite Winter Blaze crew before boarding the bus to head home]

Last weekend was the Ignite (Cornerstone's 6th grade program) "Winter Blaze." I had the wonderful opportunity to speak 3 times at the event and I had a great time (One student kindly told me that my teaching was "understandingable"). The sessions went well and the students enjoyed various activities such as dodgeball, tubing, eating late night pizza, and climbing a giant ice wall. I have a lot to do today in preparation for the Middle School Advance (we leave tomorrow morning at 9:00) so I will just post a few pictures from "Winter Blaze" and send you on your way.

[Some of the Ignite girls -- I took this picture and
therefore pridefully consider it to be of top quality.]


[My new friend Michael and I awaiting some food in the cafeteria/lodge.]

[This is not from "Winter Blaze" but rather from last night. Sarah found this gem of a sweater at the thrift store and thought that it would look perfect on me. It does.Accompanying me in this photograph is my decorative giraffe named Melman.He is on loan from the Moens for the duration of my internship.He is kind. And gentle. And very quiet.]
p.s. I'm not sure why this picture has a pinkish hue on its western edge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the sweater. Only you could make that sweater so sexy. Glad to see that things in the ministry are going well.