Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year ... Same Old Blog

Current reading: Don't Waste Your Life
Current listening: John Mayer [Where The Light Is: Live in Los Angeles]

I'm sitting at my favorite Starbucks right now and I just finished doing a little reading. I need to keep reading, but I wanted to take a few moments to throw a little update on the blog.

I celebrated New Years with friends up at Lake Ann's college/young adult retreat called, "The Break." It was a great experience. My friends from Churchill opened for AA Talks (a music ministry by a couple members of Audio Adrenaline) thereby combining for a wicked sweet concert lasting till minutes before midnight at which point we watched the ball drop in Times Square and pulled the strings on the little popper things that shoot out streamers. Then the moment was over and I unabashedly cracked the overdone New Years jokes like, "Wow, I haven't seen you since last year," which were met with courtesy laughs from strangers and punches in the face from those who truly care about me.

In other news...
I got a gym membership at the local fitness place on Monday, and so I spent this morning at the gym trying to act like I knew what I was doing with all the machines. Have you ever been in a place where you felt like everyone was staring at you and trying not to laugh at your incompetencies? Oh, you haven't? Ok, yeah, me neither then. I was just asking hypothetically. Regardless, it's definitely gonna be a while before I wear a sleeveless shirt to that place.

1 comment:

koonzelman said...

*punches Rooty in the face*


it's because I care......