Monday, September 8, 2008

Tigers Win!


Saturday was a day of relaxation. I watched some football, finished Manly Dominion, rotated the tires on my car, and went with DJ and his girlfriend to some friends' house for a barbeque. I got to do the grilling which was fun, and then we did a little hot tubbin' for a while because it was a nice night out. After hot tubbin' we watched the Brian Regan special on the television console. 
Sunday I kicked off the teaching series on the life of Christ in the morning, went out to eat for lunch with DJ and his grandma, attended the Parents of Teens meeting at 5:00, and at 7:00 went to the college age men's Bible study led by Pastor Bob at the Hutech's house. The college age guys have been, and will continue to be, studying the lives of church fathers. This week we are all supposed to find a unique fact about the life of John Bunyan and present it to the group next Sunday. I'm looking forward to being a part of this Bible study as it will give me opportunity to "not be the intern" and spend time with guys my own age. 
 Today, Monday, was a typical day at the office. I finished the prep for Wednesday (Marked by Grace) and Sunday (Is Jesus Legit?). Tonight, on a not so typical note, I went to a Detroit Tigers game with Dan and Sarah Schnepper (two of the middle school leaders) and Dave Kaynor (a high school leader). We sat in the 4th row down the first base line. If you don't know much about baseball, just think, 
"Dangerously close to the action." The game was an offensive showcase with 5 home runs, one of which was a grand slam, 4 triples, and one dude getting beaned twice in the same inning. Poor guy. The final score of the game was 14-8, I think. Almost better than the time spent watching the game was the time spent listening to Dave heckle the grounds crew who spent much of the game sitting uncomfortably squashed behind the big rolled up tarp anticipating a rain delay that never came. The rain came, just not strongly enough to demand a delay. 
Also, today was the 4th day in a row I have not visited Starbucks. 

No comments: