Saturday, September 27, 2008

Just to Catch You Up on What's Been Going Down


This post will simply serve to update you all on what I’ve been up to for the last week. Last Saturday was the Cornerstone Golf Outing 2008.  It was a 4 person best ball tournament, and I golfed with Dan and DJ Rudd (the father and son of the family I live with) and Parker McGoldrick. As a team we shot a +1. We were near the bottom of the pack, but, with the exception of Parker, none of us are avid golfers so we had a great time. Just so you understand the competition lever, the winning foursome shot a -11. Sunday through Friday were all pretty typical days in the office. I went to an 8th grade girls’ basketball game on Wednesday to cheer on one of the middle schoolers. Her team won by two in overtime.

Last night was pretty crazy. After watching the debate (zzzzzz…) Ryan and Logan Gasperado and I drove to downtown Detroit and went to the Lafayette Coney Island, or whatever the place is called. I know it has Layfayette in the name. Basically, picture a run down waffle house type establishment that serves far-from-wholesome chili-cheese fries and coney’s 24 hours a day. The place was recently featured on Good Morning America or one of those shows for stay at home moms as a Detroit hotspot. It’s the kind of place that’s fun to go with the guys, but that you would never take a girl to on a first date. Or a second date for that matter.

After the high quality eats, Ryan and Logan took me for a tour of downtown Detroit. We saw the famous landmarks and that was all good and fun, and then we took a drive to what I refer to as, “The Danger Zone.” It was the kinda neighborhood where you kept the windows rolled up and fought every urge to look at people who pulled up next to you at stoplights. Random question. Am I the only one who can’t help but look to see who pulls up next to me at every light? Anyways. We drove past the “Dolla” store. Like a “Dollar Store” but more ghetto.

 And then they took me to this creepy art exhibit that sits on an old vacant lot. Some dude turned this run-down lot into a, well, still run-down lot that now just looks a lot creepier. I’m going to include a few pictures of the exhibit. It is an actual art exhibit protect by law. The picture of the house that looks like it has stuffed animals nailed to it all over is in fact a house with stuffed animals nailed to it all over. It’s not creepy, it’s art. Actually, no, it’s just creepy. It’s creepy art.

Today I’m typing this from a huge tent at an outdoor college fair near Flushing, MI where I’m spending the day hanging out with Gerty while she represents Faith Baptist Bible College. I can’t hang out with her the whole time because she has to do her job, but it’s still good to see her and hang out for a few minutes here and there throughout the day. Tonight I’m going to a Jordan and Jessa Anderson concert in Lansing. It will be fun. Enjoy the pictures and have a blessed Sunday.

No comments: