Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's About Time...

...the Hawkeyes beat the Cyclones. I was able to watch the game today on the Big Ten network and enjoyed every minute of it - except for the minutes when the Hawkeyes were throwing interceptions or missing wide open sure thing touchdown passes. Thankfully, the many, many minutes when the Cyclone kicker couldn't make a field goal to save his life made up for the bad minutes. 
After the Hawkeye game I received a call on my cellular phone from a certain Dave Kaynor (see photo of me at the Tiger's game to see a picture of Dave) inviting me to his house to watch the Michigan vs. Nortre Dame game with a bunch of the teen adult leaders from church. I went. I watched. Michigan turned the ball over 8 times. For the first time in my life I almost felt bad for Michigan football. Almost.
[This picture isn't too exciting, but it's the best I have. It's of some of the middle schoolers play dodgeball. The 7th graders beat the 8th graders in back to back games. Ouch!] 
Last night was the middle school open gym activity. We ended up having a little over 30 students come, plus 8 leaders so the night was a blast. I've never seen a group of junior high students who were so passionate about dodgeball. I could have put 4 ping pong balls in the middle of the room and the students would have figured out a way to play dodgeball with them! Just kidding. But seriously the would have. We ending up playing for over an hour using 3 dodgeballs, 2 torn up foam footballs, and an oversized squishy ball that was so lightweight it was pointless to have in the game because you (and by "you" I mean "I") couldn't throw it more than about 8 feet before it floated gently to the ground.
In other news, after eating hotdogs at various events last weekend on Saturday night, Sunday night, and Monday lunch, I have eaten pizza for my main course this week for Tuesday dinner, Wednesday lunch, Wednesday dinner, Friday dinner, Saturday (today) lunch, and Saturday (tonight) dinner. Oh the life of a youth intern. Chances are we'll have pizza tomorrow night again at the SNAC. I think I might just eat the chips and veggies instead. I have never been sick of pizza before, but I'm approaching my limit. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin! It was quite enjoyable to read your blog! I'm glad to hear that you are having a great time with those middle schoolers! :) I love the pictures with the duck too!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Kevin...that's from me! I couldn't remember my blog password - shows you how long it's been since I updated it! lol.
-Stacie Grafton

Unknown said...

you were probably on the 8th grade side weren't you...just don't miss represent BBC in their dodge ball greatness. O'dyle rules!

Anonymous said...

I FOUND YOUR BLOG! :] Just thought I'd let you know.

~Kathryn ♥