Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Weekend

Current Listening: The Swell Season

I believe I left you all last time with the promise of me attending my first Churchill show shortly thereafter. Well folk, don't call me a prophet, but I did indeed attend said Churchill show.

The opening gig was this guy named Ian Cooke who was rated #1 act in Denver this past year. He does some pretty cool stuff with his cello and I talked with him afterward for a while and he's a really nice guy. Here's a relatively blurry image of Ian playing and singing....


...and a video of him playing live from his solo dvd. *Due to the format of the blog, the video is kinda chopped off on the side. My apologies.*



Here is a picture of Churchill owning the stage. They brought out the biggest crowd of any of the four acts and got asked by a few attendees, including Ian Cooke, about booking some future gigs. Nice.

[L to R: Tyler, Bethany, Mike, Amy, and Tim]

[And because he wasn't in the last picture ... dummer, Joe Richmond everybody!]

So that was Thursday night. The last two days have been spent reading and hanging out with friends here and there. I should find out tomorrow if I get the delivery job I interviewed for last Wednesday.

Now it's time to drink some hot tea and read. Cheers.

P.S. Having a roommate who works at Starbucks is incredibly practical. We have essential unlimited free coffee and tea in the apartment. And a french press. Oh ya.

2 comments:

jessa said...

I was just lamenting last night how I actually miss my Starbucks job. Aside from the low standard rate of pay here in Nashville, I loved the job and had more coffee than a girl could dream of. It's really a bummer to pay for caffeine these days...

kevin said...

The number of beverage options sitting on our counter is simply astounding.