Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Inevitable

So here it is folks - the dreaded "I worked all week and did homework at night but found time to go buy some kitchen towels and set of pots and pans" post. Really, if my life this week was a TV show, I doubt that even Lifetime would have picked it up.

I don't even really have exciting news about work. Don't get me wrong, I am excited to have a job and have enjoyed it thus far, but I spent the week in lesson plan meetings, studying a driving manual for 4 hours in order to get my CDL, and watching 4 hours of "Love and Logic" (a dvd of a woman lecturing on a particular disciplinary philosophy). That, my friends, is nothing to write home about.

I spent my Friday night at home reading for class (but the book was really good so I didn't mind). I arose at the early hour of 8:45 this morning with the intention of going out to breakfast with Mike and Greg, but that fell through and turned into Mike and me tag teaming the cooking duties and making us some killer sausage, egg, and cheese McMuffins.

See, I told you the week was exciting. If your heart can handle the excitement, please read on to hear about Mike and I going to a bike shop, buying some supplies, and then coming home and replacing the flat tires that each of us had on our bikes.

So after breakfast, Mike and I went to a bike shop, bought some supplies, and then came home and replaced the flat tires that each of us had on our bikes.

**Warning: upcoming blood reference**

During the process, we had our bikes propped upside down on their seats and handlebars. Consequently, Mike's kick-stand was protruding from his bike and I bent over to pick something up and dinged my forehead on it - drawing blood and leaving a small gash on my forehead.

Moments like that make you really think about the important things of life, you know? Like "Do I have a up to date will?" "What's my stance on cosmetic surgery should this gash cause small children to cry and pretty women to run away?" "Could I sue Mike? It was his kickstand." Seriously, the important things of life.

Most recently, I went shopping for for pots and pans and some other dishes and some kitchen towels today. I had no clue what I was looking for, so I texted my friend Em and, upon her advice, I think I got some decent stuff. I also bought a small floor rug for the apartment, but I don't know if it matches. In fact, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I'll check with Mike when he gets off work.

Cheers, folks. Greg just got here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But Kevin, at least you got to know Betty/Betsy/Bessie the Love and Logics lady well...I still chuckle when I thought you were having a "date" with someone back home and then realized it was the L&L lady! ;-)

Welcome to the madness of Colorado. Glad you found your way here.