Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Week: Structured Numerically (A.k.a. Home Alone and Temporarily Sick of Homework)

#1 I didn't go to the Rockies game last Friday. I helped Greg and his brother-in-law roof their house instead. I helped out Friday night, all day Saturday (which happened to be 100 degrees - the hottest day of the year), and for about an hour and a half Sunday afternoon.

[I have an idea.]

#2 Sunday night I went to an official Churchill show at a church called "Bloom." For those with more of a church background, you'll understand what I mean when I say that Bloom leans toward the emergent side of things. A lot. For those who have no clue what I'm talking about, I'll just say that the guides of the spiritual community of Bloom were really nice and hip and that the wine, cheese, and fruit bar was a nice compliment to the evening's art show/music and poetry open mic. Also, singing in the dark while standing in a semi-circle around the cranking loud band was also pretty cool, and I learned new songs about the earth and having Jesus' blood flow through my body.

[Michael Gungor (banjo) and friends playing some tunes after the art show.]

I don't say all that to bust on the place, I just find it hilarious when all the stereotyping jokes I've ever heard all come true in one place. On a positive, slightly more serious note, the dangling light bulbs aesthetic was cool looking and most of the art would look sweet in my apartment (the notable exception being the the paper mache decapitated pig head) and I did enjoy eating free cheese and crackers and fruit (Wine? No thanks. Sweet tea? Yes, please.) and the worship band was really good (a couple of the guys in the band come to Wing Stop with us on Tuesday nights) and I appreciated getting one of the band's cd's for free just for filling out a guest card and the people I met were very friendly and the "talk" given was a solid "theology of creativity."

[Churchill]

Oh ya, but I went to Bloom for a Churchill show. Churchill was asked to play an acoustic concert while people walked around and looked at the art.

#3 After the Churchill show, some friends came back to our kickin' apartment to hang out for a while and eat the worst Little Caesar's pizza and Crazy Bread I've ever had in my life (Note to self: Hot N' Ready pizzas purchased 30 minutes before closing time fail to live up to either of aforementioned advertised qualities.). I did get the Crazy Bread for free though so it was totally worth it.

#4 Monday was uneventful, as was Tuesday (the exception being Wing Stop, but it's dishonest to write down "We all hung out and talked for a couple hours." and still promote your blog as either worthwhile or engaging reading).

#5 I had a job interview this morning. I'll find out tomorrow if I am offered the job I interviewed for last week, and I should find out Friday afternoon if I am offered the job I interviewed for this morning.

#6 Tomorrow night is my first official, full-band Churchill show I get to go to (Bloom was minus the drummer and bassist). They will be rocking the Larimer Lounge at 10:00. Come if you can.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Somehow the word "free" has a prominent place in your blog. Spoken like a true college student!!! haha

Anonymous said...

We now have a "Scent Free" seating section at church. Oddly enough, it is located in the first four rowes of where the Kleins usually sit.... 'nough said? I don't think so. I do, however, think that it would be pretty sweet to squeeze in a wine 'n' cheez bar directly behind the "Scent Free" zone, preceding the "Gluten Free" zone. Hey, if it's good enough for your paper-macheted-decapitated-pig-headed-church, it's good enough for CBC! -- Good post! :-)