Saturday, August 1, 2009

TLC 2009

This past week I attended Teen Leadership Conference at Baptist Bible College with some of the high school students from my church. The theme this year was "Step Up" and most of the messages challenged the students to rise above what's accepted and be leaders. From what I could tell, many of the students were challenged and got out of the week as much as they were willing to put into it.

Doc Harris and the band led a bunch of new songs including "At the Cross" by Daniel Renstrom and "Not What My Hands" by Aaron Keyes.

[Tuesday night I was able to go out to Pastel's for dinner with some of my old work friends. I worked with them all at Patsel's between November '07 and July '08.]

[Some of the guys played in a 3 v. 3 basketball tournament on Wednesday. The Cornerstone guys are Ben (the big, big guy down low in the blue) and Michael (the guy up top in the red shorts and white shirt).]

[Joseph Peterson, who got to play guitar in the band this year, and I wore matching cardigans on Wednesday night for chapel. As you can tell, we looked really good.]

[Late Thursday night after chapel I caught up with a few other Patsel's friends at JJ Bridges. Joe, Julie, and Bridget became great friends during my time at Patsel's. Nothing like good friends and buffalo wings at 11:30 p.m.]

[Johnny left Patrick with a little pizza surprise on the bus windshield. Since Patrick refused to drive the bus until the pizza was removed, Jen climbed up, took the pizza from under the windshield wiper, and took a big bite right in Patrick's face. Classic moment.]

1 comment:

joseph peterson said...

i just want to tell you how honored i am to make your blog. it has been one of my life-long goals ever since i was like 19. so thanks for making my life. i hope someday to grace the presence of "wake up and smell the roseville." i love you k-root. cardigans 4 life.