Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Saturday

Currently Listening to: Meese [Friends of the guys I'll be living with in Denver.]
Currently Drinking: Blackberry Izze

Before I head out to Lincoln Lake Baptist Camp next week to speak for their Jr. High Wilderness week, I wanted to give an update of today and preview of tomorrow in order to save having to do that with my update after Lincoln Lake.

Today was the Cornerstone church picnic. There were food stations, childrens games, police people, military people, a Craftsmen Village, and live music. Some of us guys tried our hands at the Marine pull-up challenge. I tried the wide grip and got 8-9 and then pooped out at 12 doing the narrow grip. I won a water bottle. Thanks, Uncle Sam. I also got to play guitar with a group of college students for some of the live music. We played about 45 minutes worth of worship music.

[I broke two strings. Why, oh why must I always break
strings during the most crucial moments!?]

[After playing music at the picnic, I went with some peeps to Matt Bietel's graduation party.
Matt is a great guy and is fairly new to Cornerstone and is attending Asbury College in the fall.]

[Matt.]

[Maclane's (in the maroon shirt in the previous picture) house almost got destroyed by a tree in the storms this week. The tree narrowly missed hitting the house but did take out a window. The fork in the tree fit perfectly around the corner of the house. Praise God for His sovereignty over trees falling during storms!]

Tomorrow is a day of church and doing laundry and packing for Lincoln Lake. I'm hoping to watch some of the USA vs. Brazil championship soccer match during the afternoon before heading to the middle school pool party SNAC at the Mahloy's at 5:00. Pray for me during the week at LL that God will use my His Word to change the campers lives.

Hmmm...the guy next to me here at Starbucks is reading a Bible. I think I'll talk to him.

1 comment:

---------- said...

Okay. If by "pull-ups" you mean "Huggies", then I concur. If by "pull-ups" you mean rigorous exercise, we have a conflict of information.... I only saw 1.5...and I have a witness...and by "pooped out", I'm guessing "Huggies"....