Thursday, January 21, 2010

American Idol, Five Iron Frenzy, and a Carnivorous Lobster


[I saw this truck in Michigan over Christmas break, but I forgot
to post it before. I just thought it was kinda funny.]

Monday night a group of friends came over for the traditional "dinner and movie" but the night turned into "dinner and sit around and talk and play with Kaden" night. This was totally cool with me because my friends are great and Kaden is fun to play with. Kaden is Krystol's son and he turns 4 later this month. I spent a lot of the night playing with him and activities included him jumping back and forth from my bed to Mike's while I laid on the ground between the beds and played the role of carnivorous lobster, teaching him how to have a pillow fight, running around putting ice cubes down each other's shirts, holding him upside down above my head so he could walk on the ceiling, and having a strobe light dance party in the bedroom.

[Kaden discovered that shining a green laser pointer into the toilet
gave the bowl a stunning alien green glow.]

[Mike and Kaden making scary ghost faces.]

Tuesday night consisted of watching American Idol (3 cheers for random good singing girl from West Des Moines!) and reading Calvin's Institutes. I hope to post some quotes from that and Counterfeit Gods possibly this weekend. Tonight I went to small group for church and now I'm going to bed. Switchfoot is on Jimmy Fallon tonight, but I'm too tired to stay up and watch it. I'll be seeing Switchfoot here in Denver February 26th. I can't wait. Last time I saw them was in fall of 2007 in New York City.

Lastly, I found out last night that the band opening the Churchill and The Still City (cd release show) show on Saturday night is comprised of former members of Five Iron Frenzy - a old CCM ska band that sold close to 1,000,000 records during my junior high age years. Their new band name is A Mouthful of Thunder. It should be a great show - it's expected to be sold out.

No comments: