Thursday, March 19, 2009

Junk Drawer of a Post


Location: Starbucks at Partridge Creek
Clothing: Blue jeans, gray t-shirt, brown sport coat
Tunes: Churchill

Here I sit drinking my Venti Decaf Iced Caramel Macchiato while listening to sweet tunes and trying not to habitually glance up at each person who walks by me. Anyone else have that problem? I also suffer from this problem when I'm sitting at a red light and a car pulls up next to me. I just have to look! I can't help it.

I'm drinking...Jordan just showed up. I'll finish this later.

It's later, as in instead of Thursday afternoon at 1:30 it's Friday night at 10:48.

We had a Middle School gym night tonight. Students played basketball, volleyball, soccer, and dodgeball. Most importantly I am proud to announce that there were no significant injuries.


Tomorrow I'm hoping to wake up at a decent hour (7:00-8:00), go to the gym, go to the bank, watch some March Madness, work on some sermon prep for the Good Friday service (I need to plan ahead as I know these next few weeks will be busy as a Frogger highway -- notice the now relevant image above), and then I'm gonna pick up a few students and head out to Jordan and Jessa's coffee house gig.

Oh ya, and I want to watch last week's episode of "Kings." From what I heard, it's a modern day retelling of the story of King David. It involves Goliath Tanks and such. Supposedly the show was pretty cool.

Sunday morning I'll be teaching on the imago Dei and I'm super pumped about it. It will no doubt spill over into Wednesday night because it is such a large topic, but I'm not in a hurry so it's ok. I'd rather have the students understand the topic than simply finish for the sake of finishing. Wednesday night we walked verse by verse through Genesis 1 doing our best to discover the authorial intent of the passage. I was trying to show the students how Genesis 1 was not originally meant to be an anti-Darwin manual. I really enjoyed teaching the material so hopefully the students enjoyed hearing and hopefully learning it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's not an anti-Darwin manual than what the heck is it? Cause I'm sure at a loss...

-Pat Robertson

Anonymous said...

Man, I've gotta get a DVR...