Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Failure to Blog

Currently 5:54 a.m. Also, currently cold and rainy outside.

For sake of having a picture to post, this is me pouring the milk for my Froot Loops. Yes, I'm typing this while at the breakfast table because there isn't much else to do while I eat. Feel free to pour yourself a bowl of cereal while you read this.


It was brought to my attention in the recent past that I have been failing to update my blog as often. I could list my excuses as to the reasons for this, but I will withhold them at this time and simply do my best to make up for lost blogs.

Last Friday night was a gym night with all the Middle School students. We had fun playing basketball, soccer, and dodgeball.

Saturday night I went with a group of students to see Jordan and Jessa in concert at another church in town. The students and I ended up sitting at "the leper table" that was clear up in the front and center. It was slightly uncomfortable knowing that no one could look at the stage without first seeing us at the table, but we had a great time regardless. It amazes me the way the students were able to entertain themselves at the table with just 4 plastic spoons and a highlighter.

Sunday, Jordan and Jessa did a concert here at Cornerstone. Here are a couple pictures I took:



Monday was a full day at the office and then I, along with the pastoral intern, Bill, went over to the Brough's house for dinner. Brien Brough is the Children's Ministries Director at Cornerstone. Brien and his wife, Dawn, have three kids and one in oven due May 20th (approximately). He also provides me with coffee from his office on those mornings when my brain just won't kick into gear.

Yesterday was my birthday, and it was pretty awesome. I got a number of cool cards, upwards of a hundred Happy Birthday wishes on Facebook, some cool emails from students, and I even got to go to Red Robin for the first time for lunch. Thanks Eric. I had the Red Robin Whiskey River BBQ Burger.


Yesterday afternoon I went to Mo-Mo's volleyball game. She did a great job even though her team lost. She even got a few of her jump serves in - which I must say is rather impressive for a Junior Higher.

Well, breakfast time is over and I must go start my day. Thanks for having breakfast with me this morning.

1 comment:

jessa said...

i am having breakfast (coffee) with you! only, 3 hours after you had yours..heh. i am also an inconsistent blogger--must.blog.immediately.