Monday, December 8, 2008

F + Sunday - S = Funday!

[Jaclyn, Sadie, and Becca with some new friends]

Sunday afternoon a group of the Middle School students and some leaders went to an assisted living center to sing some Christmas carols and hang out with the residents for a couple hours. All who went had a lot of fun and agreed that all the students who chose not to go really missed out.

[Helen the German and Parker who is learning German at school.
Helen the German pretty much danced her legs off to all the songs.]

[Cody and his Prom Dates 2008]

["She tried to kiss me on the mouth! So I quick turned my head
to the side so she got my cheek," said Cody after a close call.]

[Bug Man. 'Nuff said.]

When we got back to church we had some time to kill so we played some rousing games of dodgeball. On the 8th day, God created dodgeball. And it was very good.

For small groups in the evening we had a surprise Christmas Bash Party Extravaganza Event Celebration Festivity. We ate double stuffed Oreos, ice cream, rice crispy treats, popcorn, and candy canes, and washed it down with ice cold chocolate milk. Then we had a Christmas story quiz. Then we turned the guitars up and banged on the drums extra hard and jumped extra high on the chairs and sang a bunch of songs as loud as we could so as to do our best at letting the Sr. High students hear us in their room. They did. Then we played musical chairs. I pretty much hip-checked my way into winning second place. I played to win. No blood, no foul. But I still came up short. Then then party was over and we all went home.

Oh ya, and my office got "post-it-noted" again so I am going to lock my office door when I leave from now on. Take that burglars. Other precaution option: Ferocious guard dogs.

I'll be posting some pics of my Award Winning Ugly Christmas sweater and homemade Christmas ornament in the near future.

No comments: