Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Two Days After the Day Before Yesterday

[This is me on the receiving end of the ol' fashioned "Catch-the-dirty-nasty-corn-kernal-in-yer-mouth-whilst-staring-at-the-sun" game.]
This past Saturday I went to the men's prayer breakfast at 7:00, and afterwards I went to Blake's Cider Mill with a group of friends. We ate doughnuts, drank cider, walked through a really wussy haunted house, and petted a llama, traversed endlessly through a corn maze, and raced haphazardly around a track on half-broken tricycles. It was a good time. Then we went to Cloverleaf for pizza and to Rachel Moen's house to watch Madagascar and have a bon-fire.

[It's worth pointing out in this picture that Kathryn and I were attempting to flash our "Corn Maze" gang sign for the picture. My urban visual more or less turned into a "C" with an indiscernable "M" exponent"]
Sunday was the student luncheon for families and it went really well. The students did a great job setting the tables and serving the food and the leaders did an impeccable job in the kitchen having all the food ready to go. The parents loved the video, and the students were nervous to see themselves on it but enjoyed hearing what their friends had to say.
Monday was Brooke's last basketball game of the season and her team's chance to finish 12-0! They are probably the best junior high girls basketball team I have ever watched. Brooke basically owned the first quarter scoring a couple layups and getting a couple steals. In the last quarter, she continued to get steals and rebounds and even sank a 3-pointer to cement a blowout victory. Congratulations Brooke!
While talking athletics, I want to give a shout out to Devin for being the player of the game in his football team's last game of the season. I wasn't able to be at the game, but I have gone to others this season and I'm glad he finished strong.[Danny serving his family]
This morning I taught the senior adults' Bible study because Patrick is out of town. I was able to lead the group in some singing and then preach for about 30 minutes. Afterward I was able to have a good hour-long talk with a lady who attends the group. Now I am looking forward to Oasis tonight with the middle school students. Cheers!

8 comments:

Josh said...

Saturday was a very fun day!!!

ASLDKJLAS said...

Sweet hat. You make it look real good!

Unknown said...

You would like to catch little pieces of corn in your mouth. Next time, try a straight up brick. That is where it's at. O'doyle rules!

Anonymous said...

the llama thing is hilarious--

and the Hebrews 9-10 dramatization is stirring. Thanks!

greglong said...

Was the llama's name "Tina"?

"TINA YOU FAT LARD, COME GET SOME DINNER!"

Rachel L. Moen said...

Hahaa...I have to say, I LOVE the picture of the corn and you. I was sooooo excited when I got it. Score! : )

Nate C. said...

Wow, Kev, I love the beard. You'd fit right in on campus now. Not that u didn't before...well there was that cardigan.....
i've enjoyed readin ur stuff here man. Sounds like God's doing some great stuff!
~Claggs

Anonymous said...

The name's Kathryn. K-A-T-H-R-Y-N...no "E" :)

Took me forever to look at your blog again. I've been lazy >.<

Ha.