Wednesday, August 20, 2008

K Root, K Root, K Root is Online

That's right folks! I officially have internet in my office. To celebrate, I decided to to write and post today's entry from my purple chair. My last entry was on Sunday so I'll catch you up on what has happened since then. The SNAC Sunday night was awesome. Some of us guys and a brave girl played driveway basketball for a long while before all the students jumped into the backyard swimming pool to cool off. The bellyflop contest was won by appx. 90 lb Elliot. The cannonball contest was won by a 6'6", "very full-sized" incoming freshman named Ben. Hats off to both men for their skills and bravery.
On Monday, Tuesday, and today I went out to lunch with different members of the ministry staff in order to have a chance to learn more about what they do in their specific ministries. Those lunches have been very informative, and I have enjoyed getting to know different members of the ministry staff. Monday I dined (I ate a Buffalo Chicken Sandwhich) with the Administrative Pastor, Tuesday I ate out (I enjoyed a Pepperjack Burger - medium well) with the Director of Women's Ministries, and today I dined Arby's style (5 for $5.95) with the Children's Ministries Pastor. He, the Children's Ministries Pastor, told me a really embarrassing story about Pastor Greg that involved a dead cat, fireworks, and an ex-girlfriend.*
Last, but certainly not least, I would be remiss if I neglected to give a shout out to Paige and Sarah for making me an awesome sign for my office door. The sign provides stylistic flavor and dignity historically reserved only for television shows involving the exuberant phrase, "Move that bus!" Here's a picture. Enjoy. Tell your friends and family. Thanks for reading.

*This sentence is a complete fabrication. No such stories were told. But can you imagine how interesting a story would be if it included such elements?

2 comments:

greglong said...

If Brien tells that story about the dead cat, fireworks, and the ex-girlfriend, then I'll have to tell the story about him that involves wax lips, a snake, and the Empire State Building.

socialdgrl1c said...

Thanks for letting us know exactly what you ordered, it says alot about you.