Monday, March 8, 2010

Accountability

In recent days I stumbled across this post on Ed Stetzer's website dealing with the topic of accountability groups. The post contains various pastors' accountability questions that they regularly ask within their respective small groups. I thought I would post a few of those questions that stuck out to me as unfortunately unique here.

From John Wesley's Small Group
1. Am I consciously or unconsciously [subconsciously?] creating the impression that I am better than I am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?
8. Am I enjoying prayer?
10. Do I pray about the money I spend?
11. Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?

From John Wesley's Band Meetings
5. Have you nothing you desire to keep secret?

From Chuck Swindoll's Pastoral Accountability Questions:
(the final question) 5. Have you just lied to me?

From Neil Cole:
3. Is there anything that has dampened your zeal for Christ [this week]?

No comments: