Sunday, September 13, 2009

Denver. One Month After Arrival.

This week was fun. Monday I went to Greg's house to grill out for Labor Day. Tuesday and Wednesday consisted of work and homework. Thursday was another full day of work and then a non-official Churchill show at night. My roommate, Mike, was at Lake Ann for the weekend leading music for a ladies' retreat so some friends got together and played a gig originally booked for Churchill.

[L to R: Nate Meese, Tiffany Meese, Tim Bruns, Joe Richmond, Tyler Rima]

Work has been a lot of fun. I have enjoyed getting to know my co-workers and getting to work with the students in the after-school program has been great. So far we have done skits and played a game of Jeopardy to teach the rules, worked on homework with the students, spent time playing basketball and such for free time, and went to a skating rink on Friday. One of the students who I have helped a lot during homework time drew these pictures for me.

[The picture on the left was intended to be a "funny" picture and the one on the right started out as serious, and then she added pig tails and earrings.]

During my first month in Denver, I have made a lot of new friends, moved into a great apartment, gotten a great job, and found a new church (I'll post more on in when I get a chance) where I think I'm going to attend full-time. Sounds like a good month to me. God has really been good.

Now, if only the Packers would get their act together and stop losing to the Bears (It's currently CHI 12 - GB 10! As soon as the game is over I have to spend time reading for class.

Farewell.

2 comments:

ekraft said...

great update - give me details on this job! wish I lived closer...think we could meet halfway for dinner? :)

kevin said...

I'm thinking Omaha, NE might be halfway. You never answered my tweet about whether or not Dr. Al was rocking khaki shorts at the picnic!