Friday, April 24, 2009

My Day Off

[Baby Logan and Momma Ashley. I took this Wednesday night.]


[I'm stealing this video from Josh's blog because it's hilarious.]

Today is my day off so I arose at 5:20 and ate me some breakfast. Then I went to the gym but had to ride the bike because all the elliptical machines were taken. The seat on the bike ranks in the top 3 of my non-existent "most uncomfortable things I've ever sat on" list.

I went to the bank this morning after the gym only to find that their servers were down so I couldn't complete all my desired transactions. Then I went to the post office in an unsuccessful attempt to track down a lost letter. I sat in line for almost 30 minutes in order to hold a 30 second conversation. Bummer.

Then I came home and started doing a spring cleaning in my room and getting rid of old clothes that I haven't worn in a couple years so I evidently don't need them. I also did some laundry and swapped out my winter sweaters for my summer shorts...a bold move, but I did it. It's done.

Still to do on my existent list of "things to do today since it's so nice outside" is:
1) vacuum the car
B) run to an as of yet to be determined store to pick up a couple of previously determined items.
Third) Do a small load of laundry
IV.) complete the cleaning of my room

Last night I helped out with a science fair type event at Kaiser Elementary and saw a number of my students who I work with at Connect. Tomorrow I'm going to Ann Arbor to hang out with my incredible friends, Bob and Charissa Karr.

Last thought: Does anyone else love that first day of the year when you are able to open the windows of the house and let the breeze blow through?

Other last thought: I'm filling in for Pastor Bob Sunday night and teaching on "the spiritual discipline of corporate worship" so if you think of it, pray it goes well. It's a new topic for me to teach on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Then I went and jumped in a pool of jelly and rolled in peanut butter and then ate a rack of ribs at the preschool that I go to...that is what really happened.

Anonymous said...

huzzah!