Sunday, April 12, 2009

Another Week ... Another Entry


[Artsy photo in Findlay. Her idea, not mine.]

A week ago, Friday, I met up with my good friend Emily Kraft in Findlay, Ohio for dinner. I hadn't seen her in a while so it was a ton of fun. After dinner we walked around Findlay and stumbled across a coffee house that was hosting a Friday night open mic. They also had a guy inside drawing caricatures for people while they listened to music. As you can see, we had the guy draw our picture.

[said caricature]

Good Friday's afternoon service went well and so did the evening service. Whereas the afternoon service consisted of six 25 minute segments of preaching, the evening service was primarily music. The choir and orchestra did a fabulous job and all their hard work paid off.

After the evening service I went to Starbucks with some of the middle schoolers and then we went and crashed at Brooke's house where we ate pizza and just goofed off. I don't remember anything specific. We did take a couple pics that I'll hopefully be able to post soon.

After hanging out at Brooke's I brought Parker and Maclane home and then headed back to church to help out with the Sr. High all-nighter. After playing dodgeball for a couple hours, the students hopped on buses and headed out to play laser tag for a couple hours. After that, we all went to Total Soccer where we played soccer and football for 3 hours, and then we all went to Ram's Horn and ate pancakes and tried our best to not fall asleep at the tables.

I got home at 7:20 a.m., was in bed by 7:25, and slept for 5 hours and then bummed around during the afternoon before heading back to church for a college age group hang out time. We ate pizza and played various group games and then finished off the night with soccer.

This afternoon I went with the Rudds (the family I live with) to their family Easter get together and had a great time. Now we are sitting down to watch Madagascar 2. I've heard it's a good one.

2 comments:

greglong said...

That's quite a charicature (sp?). Was the guy made at you?

Praying for you and your internship. Thanks for the updates.

kevin said...

Good to hear from you, Greg. And no, the guy wasn't mad...my neck is just really that long.